Monday, March 15, 2010

This Is How We Camp....Now...

Scott and I took the girls to Tyler State Park for about 24 hours of fun. Before kids, we would have stayed several days with lots of late nights and naps. But, one night seems just right at this point in our lives. In a Texas State Park, you don't need a fishing license. It's free. Scout LOVED fishing. Scott was really patient with the girls even when Brooke drowned the bait (worms). The picture below is of my morning coffee brewing....

Brooke's "fishing pole."

Christy brought Cale out for a couple of hours to visit. Brooke enjoyed playing with him at the camp and on the playground (and even in the fire pit).

Night Crawlers anyone...?


Scout casting...

Camper is kid friendly...
Christy...

My prized pony...

Scout with her new fishing pole and fishing hat (from WalMart, duh)...
We are gearing up (practicing ) for our big week long camping trip in June in Flagstaff, AZ. We may have to get back out to Tyler for more "practice."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

They sure look like they had fun!

Charlie said...

cute. did anyone catch anything?

Unknown said...

Oh sorry left the part out about the one fish they caught. It was perfect.

Anonymous said...

LOVE all of it!

Mrs. H said...

Nice. I think I could like camping if we had a camper instead of a tent. Looks like fun.

Mom said...

Gee, Is Scout YOUR daughter or what? I see little Aurora all over again. Independant and full of life! Being a GiGi is Great!!

KAI said...

Ahhh, man... You SOO should have called us!! James and I love fishing.. Kai made attempts last year, but it was a little scary so we took off the hook... har! Seriously, call us next time you are around.. we would totally go camping with you!