Thursday, December 09, 2010
4 Years and 2 Metatarsals Later
It is time to have the left foot operated on. I had the right bunion removed exactly four years ago. It kept me off of my feet for 8 weeks. It was super frustrating to have a one year old that didn't walk along for the recouperation too. Now, I'm having pretty uncomfortable nerve pain everyday in my left foot, so I know it is time. Here are my most recent x-rays:
You can see that the right foot still has the hardware in the otherwise straight bone. Now, the top of that big toe has shifted because of scar tissue, so my doctor is going to actually do a "little procedure" on my right toe joint to make it straight during the same time next week when I have the left bunionectomy. Wish me and my family luck. I will be in a cast for Christmas - time - cheer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Um yeah, good luck! I hope you heal up fast and can run like the wind after you're recovered!
BTW - those x-rays sort of scared me. :)
Hooray for bunion surgery!
Robin
Yes, I totally want to see that sucker cut off!
PS, I need for you to get my blog page up to style....LOL! Lovie doesn't even exist...LOL
Post a Comment