Thursday, December 28, 2006

Bunion Update

I'm typing this post from the bed...I'm in the same position I was in last year at this time...bed rest. However, this time it isn't because I squeezed an 11 pounder out, instead I'm laid up because of foot surgery.

The surgery went well. I took lots of pain meds the first 24 hours because I could feel a nasty pain down in there trying to bite me. But, I'm past the severe pain part now.

So, why am I still in bed you might ask??

Well, I can't put any weight on my right foot for FOUR WEEKS! I didn't realize this. I thought when he said cast for 4 weeks, that you know, I'd be like walking in it after a week or two. Yep, a wheelchair was delivered to my house yesterday. The doctor said he wanted me to have it because it can get really tiring on crutches for a month. I'm like...a wheelchair? ahhhhhhhhh!

My goal for tomorrow/this weekend is to be up on the crutches and in the wheelchair around the house. I've only used them so far to go to the potty. So, don't invite me to go dancing on New Year's anybody, unless you want to dance with a cripple in a wheelchair....

No comments: