Friday, June 13, 2008
Salmonella-Free Tomatoes
I'm so excited about the first tomato I've ever grown myself that I took a picture of it and I'm blogging it. Here are pictures of my tiny garden which also includes jalapenos, and parsley. I picked the four jalapenos I had this weekend and they became integrated into pico de gallo by Aunt Dianne. I haven't used the parsley yet, but the first tomato ended up on our sandwiches this week, and it was delish.
The following picture is from this morning showing the up and coming tomatoes...

Next time, I'm going to spread my plants out more and offer better support. But, they are doing pretty well in their masses right now. I see how gardening can be addictive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
clap clap clap good for you, we want to get something going growing here this should get Geo going on it...Do you like radishes?
lovin the garden and the rest of the yard! i might be hittin you up for some of them there peppers...
J-Rock
Those tomatoes will be in high demand soon. You need to get ready to start selling them. I say $10 each sounds like a good price. Supply and demand, baby!
j-mo
Good for you. I make Kevin sad because I can't get into the gardening spirit.
oh, I'm with J-Rock...I'll be there in August, save some for me!! (our California tomatoes are just fine..no salmonella...but nothing beats eating a tomato fresh off the vine, or chomping down on a tomato, mayo, a little salt and pepper on white bread sandwich!!!!!
Aunt Sandi
mmm...tomatoes....looks like you have a green thumb. You should be a science teacher.
nice tomatoes!! wanna come up here an plant some for me??
you and james should have a tomato festival!!! lol
Post a Comment