Sunday, September 06, 2009

I Just Can't Stop

Admittingly, I've always thought the VW van/bus was intriging. I remember back in the early 80's I rode in one of my friend's parent's 70's-era VW, and none of us knew if it would make it to it's destination. Of course, G$ has her 198? Vanagon Westfalia model that is pretty stellar. But, I've been a fan of the way-back 50's or 60's models. When navigating the VW buses, it gets confusing because there were official German names like T1 and T2, but even those had several variants. Many people use common nicknames like Microbus-Splitty-or-Kombi . The main thing is that I like the passenger van with the three rows. I'm not wanting the camper because I already have a pop-up camper. I just want to roll around Big D in a pimped out ride.

I found this one website: http://www.catchthebus26.com/ that is ironically in Alamogordo, NM and appears to custom build/restore these awesome vintage VW buses.

Pretty much, I think I need one. What do you think? I can make it happen.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the blue one. do it.

Shay said...

WTH!!! I want one too!!! Especially after living in California! Guess I can follow some more of your kool kid foot steps, and wait till I have kids as well.