Since I was watching from the beginning, I totally got reeled into the whole tragedy. It is absolutely amazing what is going on in that city. Here are some of my opinions just splattered on this blog:
- I think it is stupid to think the stranded people were not rescued quickly because "they were black." dumb.
- I think that this whole tragedy is a result of our greedy, American need to build and "urbanize" all we can. It makes me sick that the city of New Orleans spread out over the flood plains, salt marsh land, and the other natural ecosystems. Yes, man continues to screw up the Earth.
- The pictures of pets stranded absolutely makes me the saddest.
- The governor of Louisiana is a lame leader. How did she get elected? Oh I forgot, it is Louisiana: corrupt, old money, broke, backwoods are all words that pop into my mind.
- Harry Connick Jr. is hot. And, after watching him on the Today show each morning helping people in New Orleans, he's about the hottest guy alive today.
Finally, the reason I started this post is because I have a comment about reporters in New Orleans right now. This doesn't really apply to the men, but I want to talk about their attire. Now, it is a smelly, morbid, disaster area, I have seen some women with their hair done and a "cute" top on. Yes, I take notice. What do I want you ask? Well, I want to see a pony tail and a crummy shirt. Now, tonight, Ann from the Today show was on and she had a pony tail and khaki utility-type vest on. I loved that. Good job. Way to be real. I don't want to see your hair down while you are in hip waders trudging through fecal matter water. C'mon!
No comments:
Post a Comment