So, I realize that I wasn't wearing earrings today. It is Sunday, and I hadn't brushed my hair. I mean, I was just running up to the store to get buy a couple of things for our camping trip this week. But, that old hag behind the service counter didn't have to say, "Can I help you sir?" Ok, sure, I have had this happen to me before on the phone or at checkout counters when they don't look up and I'm tall, and I have a deep voice and all that. But, today, she looked RIGHT at me.
So, I stand back a little waiting for this other guy to help me find the item I was looking for. I try to fix my hair with my hands to ensure femininity. I look at my purple t-shirt and my lime green flip flops thinking, "geesh, I can't look THAT much like a man?" There I am in the middle of a busy store trying to build my confidence back up that, naw, I look ok. About the time I've regrouped and gotten over the comment, sure shit she refers to me as a HE to another customer who had asked if I was next. She says, "No, HE's already being helped. I'll help you."
ARE YOU SERIOUS? I wish I could have had a picture of my face to put here on this post. Because, surely my mouth would have been open and my stare would have been one of "die idiot." If she hadn't been old and going bald and working a crap job, I may have had to say something to that old bag.
No comments:
Post a Comment