Below (left) is a picture of the highest peak in North America: Denali (or Mt. McKinley as you silly lower 48'ers call it). Since I am an Alaskan poser, I like to stick to it's native name of Denali for "the high one."
Kamie, Jeremy (and his folks) and myself will be travelling by the train (right picture). I've ridden this train before, but to the south (Seward, AK). It was an awesome trip because of the views that the train can offer since it goes back where the roads often cannot.
I have an Alaskan obsession. I wish I could pack up and move there, but Scott has a "no-snow" clause in our marriage. Whatever. I can just visit during the summers...since I don't work then. I love it when a plan comes together.


4 comments:
I cannot wait for the two of you to get here! I am excited for this train ride here, after 31 years living here, I finally get to make the trip myself. It will be a fun "first" for us!
i am sooo jealous!! is scout going with you? take lots of pics for my alaskan wanna be self!
~erin
I too am jealous!! one day in the next 66 years i will join you on your Alaskan trip.
J-Rock
jason - i might see you there in 66 years!! unless of course we can get aurora to foot the bill! cheers!
Post a Comment