Monday, June 04, 2007

Retro Flash Back



I was singing the Monchichi song today, and Natalie was like, "What are you singing!?" So, I thought I would find it and blog it. Now this commercial is for the puppet version of Monchichi, but I only knew about the doll version show in this picture. I just thought that Monchichis were awesome when I was a kid. I mean, monkey-like, could suck thumbs, and what a name!

"Monchichi, Monchichi, so soft and cuddly..."

7 comments:

Tab said...

SJ & I had one. A few years ago I sang the first line for a girl's ringtone. Talk about eerie...

Chancy Smith said...

Too funny. As soon as I saw the word I started singing it in my head.

Monchichi, Monchichi...

Charlie said...

LOL. I think I remember something that looked like that. I didn't realize there was more than one in existence.

Li Li said...

OH MAN! I LOVED my Monchichi! Of course it was a hand me down but I thought it was the best thing ever. That and Poochie. Does anyone remember Poochie? I can't find anyone that does.

Christy said...

I had a kid my first year of teaching and he looked just like one. I called him that in my head.

Tab said...

^^^ I'm so glad that wasn't me.

KAI said...

While we were in Galveston, I saw what I thought was a Monchichi at the Rainforest Cafe and was going to buy it for you, but no...it was a baby monkey. I was bummed.