Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Alaska

We made the trip by train from Anchorage, Alaska to Denali National Park and Wilderness Preserve then back to Anchorage over this weekend. The scenery is vast, amazing, and makes you just want to explore more. I can't wait to return and do at least a week of camping inside the park. On this trip, we actually didn't even get into the park. We stayed in a lodge overlooking the park and we walked around the outside, but to get in we needed more time. So, it was good too see what Denali is all about and how I will tackle it in the future. Fortunately, we were able to see and photograph Mt. McKinley which is a big deal because it is usually obscured by cloudes. My Uncle George got awesome pictures, so once I get some copies, I'll put up a few pictures. My photos of landscape don't do the land justice.

2 comments:

Tab said...

Glad you & Scout are back safe!

Charlie said...

I think you need to move to Alaska and work out some kind of incentive program for Scott. Like he can have a vacation home in Tempe or Cancun or soemthing.