Wednesday, August 13, 2008

House Hunters International is The Devil

I know I put too many posts up here about TV shows, but that is about all I have interesting in my life after my adventures in motherhood. So, let me just tell you that if you want to be disillusioned with your life or if you want to second guess your current living status, then watch House Hunters International on HGTV.

Once you watch a few episodes of this show you too might start to think about a geographic relocation where the sun always shines or the city never sleeps.

This film crew will take you to new builds in Central America (picture at the bottom - Honduras); flats in Europe including some of my favs like Sweden and other Scandinavian countries (middle pic below); and of course they will temp you with beach front properties in Latin America (top pic is Cabo) and the Caribbean.
My mind starts to turn as I think of what our budget would be and what we could afford south of the border. I've thought of how we'd home school the kids, but really just snorkel everyday while practicing our new language to communicate with the locals.

So, don't watch this show unless you want to see some really cool places. Leave a comment letting us know where you would move outside of the U.S....where would you move and live the dream? (I already know my sister desires Italy!)

6 comments:

Chancy Smith said...

I have two. One would be Greece. I have never been there, but Brandon has. Oh, and the movies that I have watched (Mamma Mia) make me wanna go there! I would also say somewhere south of the border, but I don't know where.

won tong said...

Outside of the U.S. Nope we live where we have it all... No place like home Lopez Island Rules! You can live any way you want within your means....
http://www.lopezisland.com

Anonymous said...

First I LOVE that show. I love the house hunting and seeing what the dollar can get you. I would definitely put Central America up there. I really want to go to Belize, I have heard it is beautiful and hello, latin food and beer every day? no brainer

Unknown said...

kamie...you are speaking my language

Charlie said...

Yeah, man it does make me want to move. I always say that if *anyone I know* moves to another country, I'll seriously consider moving.

Anonymous said...

In Brasil they looked at "flats" that were totally gutted...the guy is like, "good...the demo has been done already!" WHAT??? That's the best part!! But to actually live...Mexico in a heart beat...love Switzerland too. Could my choices be more dipolar?
Alisa