As spring break rolled around, I made arrangements for us to go to Beaver Lake up in Northwest Arkansas. When people would ask me what I was doing for spring break, I would say "camping."
They would say "where?"
I would say "Arkansas."
And, I would get silence or a random look.
Ok, so Arkansas doesn't evoke visions of a grand spring break blast. However, let me tell you doubters (that probably have not been to the Ozark Mountains or to Beaver Lake): It is pretty darn nice! I have already booked my return trip for this summer.

My cousins that live up there have found a nice little piece of the American pie. We dabbled in some fishing and kayaking, but we mostly just made fires and cooked things on fires and drank beer next to the fires. How can that be wrong? I wish you had all been there. Too bad for you that the secret cabin will remain a secret here.
3 comments:
that's the only photo? c'mon!
Arkansas has a bad rap but my mother in law has a small piece of heaven on Lake Cortez in Hot Springs Village and it ROCKS...Beer, bait and ammo & a little Tx country music and your set ...it dos'nt get better than that...
secrets don't make friends.
Post a Comment