Sunday, March 29, 2009

You Just Never Know

Take a look at the picture above in my blog banner. Does that hippie family look like college material? Could one day the girl wearing the terry-cloth shorts, green swim suit and old school head phones will complete a graduate degree?

Now focus below on the banner in red here in this post. Yes, there is a university called Lamer University. And Yes, I just finished my master's degree tonight - online! It was quite a mara-sprint. And No, I am not going to fly to Beaumont, Texas to receive my diploma. I will however, check my mailbox for my online graduate degree. 

Here are just a few reasons I know there is a God and he loves me and appreciates a good joke:
1) I am the girl in the picture all grown up who graduated from Grand Canyon University, home of the mighty Antelopes
2) I topped off that awesome GCU action with some Lamar U! Seriously, I have to be in some sort of running for the most random combination of university diplomas.

Appropriately, I would like to thank Scott for watching the kid(s) on mostly Sundays over the last 18 months while I muddled through. And, I must also give a shout out to Robin who pushed and prodded and helped me every step of the way.

Finally, you might be wondering, "why would some chick who wants to live out the dream in an RV go to the trouble of getting an M.Ed. degree?" Well, sportsfans....It is so I can get a job anywhere I land. It is all about options!

8 comments:

Li Li said...

Nice-- Congrats! :)
Now if only I was there to help you celebrate, i.e. drink a lot while dreaming of where we could move and live in an RV and still make the salary we do now.

Li Li said...

I just re-read this comment and realized that it sounds like I am saying we should move in an RV together. No. I like you but not in that way. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Anyhoo..this is getting awkward.

patricia said...

WOW.... good job aurora, u need to celebrate big time.

Tab said...

Congrats on your recent accolade! You're awesome :)

Charlie said...

YAAAAAY!!!

Anonymous said...

um hello, my dad went to Lamar University for a year before transferring to Weber State. Nice job Ro! You are my hero!

Anonymous said...

Aurora... I've always been so proud of you and this is just one more thing you've done and made it look so easy. You really are amazing and there's absolutely nothing you can't do... you have such cool friends and of course, the best of the best kids and a husband that fits you perfectly!
Dianne

Mom(ur biggest fan) said...

It IS all about options. You keep expanding your career options and I'll drive and pitch the tent!!!