I'M WORKING OUT
Today was the first day of my new whatever it is I'm doing. I had the realization that I've got the track, stadium and weight room at school probably not being used. I've figured out that I can cram a workout into my duty period right before lunch.
So, today I ran.
Ok, I ran the curves and walked the straits. Whatever.
I wanted to write down what I was thinking today while working out:
- My body now jiggles and sloshes like a darn kids' bounce house.
- I can barely control my quads or my hams. I'm like some daddy long legs on meth out here.
- I'm so glad no one is out here right now.
- Wow, my target heart rate was achieved in like 30 seconds. And, it really isn't hard to maintain since just walking fast has me breathing heavy.
I'm going to work out again tomorrow.
I really can't believe I'm here. I'm in the "excersise and diet" conversation. I don't like to admit it. I feel like I've just told everyone that I've got an STD and I'm getting medication.
5 comments:
Ditto to the last statement! The shame!
I thought of you on the RHS track while I was power walking this morning. And wondering, should I have a heartrate monitor too?
I am glad you are there. I wish I was there to run the straights and walk the curves with you. We could do bleachers....I have a total body weight workout...........Dang Gun Barrel City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats on the Masters!! You are like really smart and stuff. I like your rational and I hesitate to say irrational thinking on picking up and moving. I mean we can dream right? We do the same thing with Josh's job, and moving back. I feel ya. Um...sleeve tattoo...keep me posted, I'm going to need to see that. Exercise and weightloss talk? You had Christy and I at Ex...
I can't be more proud of you. The lunch crew has waited 9 long years to get you to join the conversation and here you are!!!!! good job! I started again to. Yuck! Where is that magic pill?
keep it up girl...we can be slim and trim together in our late 30s....how bad is it to do a Jillian Michael's DVD with one hand holding the gut while the other hand is doing jumping jacks?
Post a Comment