Thursday, May 05, 2005

Evil Plants and Feet and Teeth

First of all, I noticed last week that my eyelids were itching. I thought it was like a mosquito bite or something...maybe one got me in my sleep. But, NO, I finally realized it was poison ivy! Damn the poison ivy. I figured that I must have come into contact with satan's fern during our camping trip last week. So, I made a dermatologist appointment to get some medicine. All I need is that funk spreading into my eye. Yeah, this is the 3rd year in a row that I've come up with poison ivy during the month of May. I never had it in my life until this point. What is up with that?

Secondly, I have come to the point in my life that my feet have gotten dry. Never had that problem before. I don't know if it is age or what, but my heels look like Ralph Lauren Crackle paint. So, this week I made myself a little remedy: I globbed on a bunch of Aquaphor (which is fancy Vasoline) on the heels, then I wrapped my heels/ankles with Saran Wrap. It was pretty special. I didn't know if it would work, but I went to sleep with that rig up. Result: soft heels in the morning when I removed the wrap. So Great! Now, I know you can use socks, but I can't sleep with socks on; I think my toes need freedom.

Finally, I want to report that I found out I had a pit cavity while getting my teeth cleaned this week. I went back in this am to have it filled. Get this...the dentist didn't even numb it. He just started drilling. I'm thinking, shit, if this hits something sensitive, I'm going to freak. But, alas, no it was a piece of cake. Now I have a filled up pit. How nice.

I'm not sure why I feel like sharing all of that personal medical information on the internet, but I did it. I guess I feel like someone out there has some crusty feet, but they are ashamed to talk about it. Well, I have no shame in my game. I will just let it rip, literally!

No comments: