Thursday, August 23, 2007

Earthships


I wish I lived in an Earthship. I've seen them before always thinking they are cool. I realize most people (including Scott) think that only hippies and eco-zealots live in them, but I think when you are living self-sufficient then you are really living. No electric bill. No water bill. No gas bill. You can tell everyone to kiss off. I love the idea of depending on no one.

Last night I was re-inspired by watching the show Eco-Tech on the Science Channel. It is a series this week.

I'm ready to move to Jemez Springs, New Mexico and build my Earthship.

5 comments:

Li Li said...

I am loving it! I am in. Sold. I am going to call up all my crazy relatives and tell them to send me all the tires that are in their yards.

I could finally be a home-owner!

Anonymous said...

Jeremy says he wants one - maybe we can start an Earthship commune.

Tab said...

that would be greatness to be free of the utility companies!
it's 6:01 am.

Anonymous said...

I'm ready for a commune anywhere out of Texas heat!! Mom

Charlie said...

I agree you'd need to have multiple ships like a commune. Otherwise it would be a little too isolated.
But yeah, it's cool.
I'm in.