Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Summer of '69

Scott and I finally watched Easy Rider, and I'm so glad we did. The best part about the DVD is the "documentary" which has candid commentary from Hopper, Fonda, and others involved. That gave insider information behind the motivations and goals of the film, not to mention it exposes some of the "flubs" of the movie. I recommend watching that if you've seen the movie. Of course, Scott and I both thought that Jack Nicholson made the movie. He was outstanding and that helmet! Awesome. Plus, I now know where Lisa gets that "knic-knic-knic-knic....Indians!!!" chicken-wing animated yelp when she ingests Mexican "syrup." Bonus.

Back to the movie...my favorite part of the movie was all the cool cinematic shots of the Southwest as they rode to New Orleans. Cool movie. Crazy times. Check.

3 comments:

won tong said...

We will get it for sure.. wow we are renting all these old classics so do share. Have you ever seen the old Bad Seed w/ Patty Mc Cormack man that was good. We just watched Stella Dallas Barbra Stanwyck (granny dearest) Lawernce of Arabia is next... But I'll put Easy Rider next..Oh and we saw House of Frankenstein awesome.

Li Li said...

Ah....the ol' knic knic Indians! GOOD STUFF!


PS-- The flag that Peter Fonda has on his jacket in the movie....Joe's company just got that to put in an auction.

laura said...

i loooooooooove that movie. so good. so very, very good.