Yesterday, I decided to slow cook some pork ribs for Scott, since he loves ribs. I never cook them because I feel like good ribs are a lot of work. And, since I don't even like ribs, I don't want to put in all the work. Plus, I want a smoker for such a tast, but we don't have one.
Anywho, so I cooked ribs, taters, corn and even fried chicken. Now, I've never fried chicken before. This has been a sore spot with Scott because he LOVES fried chicken. I've always resisted because 1) didn't know how 2) too much work and 3) unhealthy - won't support that. But, I broke down and busted it out yesterday. And it was actually quite tasty. Plus, it wasn't that much work. Scott was really appreciative and proclaimed, "It took you 15 years to make me fried chicken!"
In summary, I just wanted to tell you people outside of Texas, that we were having some serious southern comfort food this weekend. Miss you all.
Here is a tribute to fried chicken:
9 comments:
omg...you NEVER cease to crack me the heck up!!! rock on, chicken girl, rock on! lmao... YOU sooo have to invite us over for "some of that suthurnn fri'd chikn!
Ro- hey I just about died laughen or fried laughin. I have the easiest but best fried and BBQ chicken receipe. Matthew and Jeremy love it and want it all the time we have had it 2 nights in a row.. so hey e-mail me if you want it and check out our photography cards thanks pass the info on to your friends..
Your comfort dinner was greatness! Thanks for inviting Rich & I to the chicken-fest and ribbies. Rich loves fried chicken too, but I don't like all the grease and mess. Don't know how you found that video! Mom
I'm bringin fried chicken back.
You other cookers don't know how to act.
Finger-lickin good and that's a fact.
Eat it all, you'll have a heart-attack.
Take it to the table!
i memeber your cooking!! it usually is not bad, I am suprised you cooked all that though, you are right, too much work!!
I am laughing at Lena's comment, "i remember your cooking!! it usually is not bad,"
Daaaaaaaaaaamn! It usually is not bad? You got served!!! You got dissed on the WWW, in your own blog!!! You gonna take that? :p
That blue wig makes you look black.
Post a Comment