Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Patio Rebirth

Patio Before (taken this Saturday am): Patio Day 1 of construction:
Patio Day 2 of construction:
Patio Day 3 - Cover pretty much completed:
Scott and I are so excited about our new patio cover constructed by my cousin Adam. Didn't he do a great job?! I've dreamed of this cover since we moved into this house almost 10 years ago. The huge concrete slab gets SO hot in the summer and puddles during rain, so this cover is going to make our backyard much more enjoyable and livable.

We are going to add some landscaping to the side strip of land, stain/seal the patio lumber, and decorate with some tacky lights. Hopefully, we'll break it in over Memorial Weekend.

8 comments:

won tong said...

10 years is that all... I've waited for at least 35 years giggle, NOT... I'm so glad you got er done! looking fine so lets BBQ.

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome - hope to see it in person at Thanksgiving!

Lena said...

looks good! You must have money! I wanted the silver roof, but had to settle for the cheap grean!! Lucky You!

Ryann said...

Looks awesome!! Wish I could be there to help break it in.

Mrs. H said...

Sa-weet! Maybe I'll get to sample some cocktails under it's wonderful shade this summer!

Charlie said...

Yay, go Adam!

KAI said...

I soo want a covered patio!! Can we borrow yours - I promise we will bring it back. LOL.

Li Li said...

Dang! That looks awesome. Man, between you and the Gunters we have some serious new backyard additons to catch up on.