Monday, June 15, 2009

Facecrack and Tweet

So, everyone has gone and gotten a Facebook. I mean, even grandmas, great-grandmas, teachers, tweens, and pastors have a Facebook. I remember when it was elite. Like, you had to be in college. But, now even dorks like me are allowed into other dorky's lives.

Why bring it up you might ask?

Answer: I've noticed that monitoring Facebook and thinking of status updates for my profile have caused me to neglect this blog. I am going to try to stay off Facecrack for a while and get back to what really matters: blogging.

And while I'm at it, Twitter is dumb. There I said it. Now, do I have a twitter account? Yes. Do I follow people via texts directly to my phone? Yes. But, all this is just giving me twit cred. It is just a time sponger-upper. Apparently, to get the most out of Twitter, I need to get into a bunch of specialized twitter apps and gadgets. Whew...this whole thing never ends. Thank goodness I'm not like trying to start a business or get discovered because you gotta do the facebook-twitter jig.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Staying "connected" is getting hairier with each new gadget yet, do people even talk anymore? Keep up the Blogs!!

Jeremy said...

I don't have twitter, I think just even the name is GAY enough. You can Blog on Facebook. Like 3 people follow our blog, but Kamie and I have over 400 friends combined on Facebook....

Charlie said...

Really? Apps for Twitter? I had no idea.