Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Fabric Softener, Who Knew?

There are some things you come across and think, man, why didn't I do this earlier? Well, that happened to me last year. What is this amazing miracle worker? Well, it is fabric softener:



I know, seems stupid right? Well, that is what I always thought. But, alas, softness, nice smell, and lack of static are all yours for the taking with a little Downy. Now, you may be thinking the same thought that haunted me...what a pain in the butt, waiting for the rinse cycle to add. Well, the key is right here kids:



The Ball is the shizzle!

The funny thing is who introduced me to this dynamic duo. My dear cousin, J-Rock, who told me he discovered Downy back when he was in the US NAVY, and asked a fellow navyman how his clothes always smelled good, and that guy shared his laundry secret with him. Can't you just picture them sitting there on the ship deck with their legs swinging off the bow swapping fabric softener tips, "Yeah, it is all about the 'ball' and you gotta use Downy, dude!"

What sealed the deal was when I had gone down to visit Aunt Norma last year and her towels were so soft, I had to ask how she did it. I wondered if it was this miraculous Downy that J-Rock was using in my laundry room. Could it be? Aunt Norma said yes, she did use fabric softener. So, I put 2 and 2 together and bought me some Downy!

Just remember, it goes in the wash...not the dryer. Yes, I do know someone who did that.

Thanks to J-Rock and Aunt Norma!

No comments: