Sunday, April 17, 2005

Grind

Nothing really has been going on out of the ordinary around here. It seems like I'm just truckin' along on this big old hamster wheel of life. Sometimes I like to get off and sleep in the pine bedding, but then I know it is only a matter of time before I have to get back on the wheel.

I could complain about work, taxes, dishes, laundry, and money; but I like to keep the blog a place of peace and harmony. As a result, I'll try to give you the highlights of this past week:

Monday: Several of us went to the opening day Ranger game at the Ballpark in Arlington. The weather was outstanding and there was lots of good food, but the best part was that we weren't at school...skipping rules!

Wednesday: We celebrated Jason's birthday at Razoo's. He hit the 32 mark in style with lots of friends, appy's, and drinks, not to mention great birthday cards. We stayed late and some random drunk guy on a business trip from North Carolina joined us late and bought us lots of beer. For some reason, he kept singing, "Amarillo By Morning...."

Saturday: Hung out at the Gunter garage sale for a while. (Thanks for the Tiki's!) Then, Scott and I went to spend the morning with Aunt Dianne the visiting cousins, Mary Ann and Suzy. Well, we ended up spending the entire day/night together because after lunch we went to Lone Star Park where Suzy and Dianne won some great bets. What was really cool was afterwards, Charlie Daniels performed. What good times we had. It was great to kick back and talk it up with my cousins that have always lived in another state. I won't go into details here about how some people had more fun than others. I'll just say that Whataburger tastes really good at 10pm, even if one person stays in the car with the window rolled down. Blaylocks are cool.

Sunday: Another afternoon Ranger game. Rangers won. 79 degrees out. Hotdogs. Great day. Ok, I did get sunburned. Darn it.

Now, another week is looking at me in the face. I'm ready to spit back.

No comments: