Monday, April 18, 2005

What The Hell Is Happening To Me?!

First it was the potted house plants. Next, it was the fabric softener. Then, I sewed curtains. I didn't think I could be any more of a domestic diva. But, tonight, I shocked myself. I did something I've NEVER done.... I baked! I mean I really baked. Not like a cake out of a box or a roll of cookie dough. No, I mean a long receipe with baking sodas and vanilla extracts and flour and more. I made Zucchini Cake!

Since Scott and I are trying to peel off some pounds, I actually made a healthy version with whole wheat flour, groud flax seeds, and Splenda. I know what you are thinking....gross! But alas, it is quite tasty, seriously. I just am amazed that I Martha'd out. I always have made the emphatic statement, "I don't bake. I cook." Then, tonight I just got inspired for some reason.

Next thing you know, I'll be cross-stiching. Somebody stop me.

No comments: