Friday, April 01, 2005

Science Geeker Playground

I've been at the National Science Teacher Association Convention here in Downtown Dallas for the past two days. I have found the public computers and have set up a little blogging camp. No, really, I've been checking out the vendors and the workshops a little bit. But, now I'm getting a blog fix.

There are all sorts of people from around the US and Canada. Some of the smartest of our university's researchers are here. Big time vendors are all over the place trying to sell us everything from textbooks, trips, scales, probes, magnets...if you think nerd tool...they've got it here.

Bill Nye the science guys was even here today!! But, I missed him :( Shout it with me, "BILL, BILL, BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY."

So, I've been inspired to get some cool new equipment for my lab and to try to lure kids into an Environmental Trip to Costa Rica to save the turtles. We'll see.

I will say that riding the train and seeing how corporate America functions has been interesting. I must say that I appreciate my little bubble of a job that is close to the house. These people in the business remind me of the slogan kill or be killed. They are either always on the phone selling, shmoozing, etc. Or, they look freaking beat. The train is somewhat of a whip, yet so convenient. The station is right by our house, and you can go about anywhere important in Dallas and even to Ft.Worth. Our little Dallas is becoming modern so fast. I feel proud. She's grown up.

Well, I'm off to the DART Train to head to Chuy's for HH baby!

No comments: