Tuesday, March 29, 2005

We Are Family

Have you ever been in a mall or at a gas station, see someone and think you know them?
I have realized that I think I know all tall women. In tall, I mean 6 foot and above.
This idea hit me the other day at Starbucks, when a tall chick walked in and I kept staring at her face as if I must know her. Like, she's tall, so we must have played sports together; or we might be related; or maybe we will know each other simply because we are both tall. At any rate, it is almost like I've found my long lost family when I see tall people.

I'm not sure why I have this tall issue of identifying with the strange tall chick....Maybe in some way, I want to ask them all:
1) Were you always the tallest person in your class ...when you look at a class photo you are always back row-dead center?
2) Can you buy women's jeans off the rack without them flooding out?
3) Do people always ask you if you play basketball?

Here is a little website that I found interesting: http://www.tallwomen.org/famous/
It lists all the tall famous women. It is random and funky, but sort of cool.

Have you hugged a tall chick lately?

No comments: