Let me try to draw you an image of our weekend with a list...
- huge room of bunk beds
- we used sleeping bags
- lack of sleep
- funky toilets and showers
- great food
- lots of food
- lots of bowels out of whack
- stinky butts
- torn up bathrooms!
- 42 girls in one big room of bunk beds....6 showers
- 9 adult women in one huge room of bunk beds.....6 showers....YES! We are mean.
- Christy, Lani, Lisa, and I slept on top bunks all next to each other.
- Stinky butts....but not Lani.
- flashlights for nightlights
- shower shoes
- one lady had a sleep machine
- some of us women didn't shower often
- baseball caps come in handy
- the three guys that came along had a better set up...they had their own rooms.
- there were only about 15 high school boys for them to keep track of in two rooms.
- we had to get up early and stay up late both nights
- we were some tired-ass people!
- jason limped a lot on his broken knee
- we all sat out of cheesy activities and claimed were were old and injured.
- we did manage to hike down to the Brazos River though.
- we didn't see any bobcats, even though there was a nasty rumor going around
- lisa caught her patella in a bunk bed one night...very painful
- christy has wild bed head
- lani always got grossed out at meals when we inevitably brought up bathroom talk
- we wrote a lot of "care notes" to each other, but they weren't very caring
- example of a care note to me: "i like your front butt"
- we read our care notes at meals....those were good times
- overall, lots of sleep deprivation....PUNCHY
- nightime laughter like we were back in college
- the ladies that led the training sometimes had to tell us (the adults) to be quiet.
- I had a hard time getting on and off the top bunk
- Lisa and I had new sleeping bags....mine was KING SIZE!!
- The last night it rained so good...man, I slept real nice.
- too bad i had to get up at 7am to the sound of a hair dryer 10 feet away..arg.
- one of the trainers had short legged, peg legged, long butt, mom jeans on....good times
- christy sang the entire, I believe the Children Are Our Future, song one afternoon while we all laid in our beds for a power nap.
- christy sang, If I Could Turn Back Time, on the microphone the last night for a time-killer/entertain-us-while-we-watch-high-schoolers-interact activity.
- During morning training in the chapel, I killed a wasp, that was making the black kids lose their minds, using my flip flops on the wasp in mid air.
- June bugs dropped out of the sky at the "bon fire" and that also made the black kids lose their minds....even Big Archie was freaking out.
- Christy had to borrow Lisa's towel to shower because she forgot hers. Towel sharing is always unstable.
Ok, there is the summary. I'm tired now. I'm going to bed to rest up for the short week of school ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment