Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Living Life Without "Do-Overs"

Adventure is what I'm all about. If there is something I haven't tried or somewhere I haven't been, then I'm usually up for trying it (ok, not like drugs or anything). I absolutely love to travel. That must be my drug. I don't care if I drive or fly. Either way works for me, time permitting a good drive. A good trip to me has many factors. Beautiful scenery plays a roll, but one cannot forget good company; while quirky memories can make trips memorable. Here are my Top 15 favorite places I've visited beginning with my favorite:
  1. Alaska...Awesome. Kamie is a great adventure buddy. Thanks for the camping trips to Valdez, Homer, and the train ride to Seward. I look forward to seeing Denali one day!
  2. Hawaii...Beautiful. The Big Island is great for really feeling like a native. We sure did have some good times on Oahu though. So many memories with friends.
  3. Jamaica...Beaches were outstanding. Scott and I were in our own little world of perfection when we married and honeymooned there.
  4. Smokey Mountains...I was in awe. I remember the river running by our hotel. I would love to go back to explore more and camp. Haven't been since I was 17.
  5. Northern Arizona: The Grand Canyon, Flagstaff, Sedona...seems like no place else on earch. The beautiful red colored mountains, amazing sunsets, good food, and a cold camping trip on the South Rim I will never forget.
  6. San Francisco, CA...My favorite city in America. Beautiful. So much to do. Great food. Great shopping. Alcatraz is cool, the trolleys are pimp, and the architecture intrigues me.
  7. Carmel, CA...Beautiful. Classy. Cozy? If I was rich, I would be really tempted to settle there.
  8. SoCal...I don't know if this counts, since I lived there for a few years, but otherwise many, trips back made me want to go to college there. Many family memories there with cousins, and with my mom and sister. Good times.
  9. South Padre Island, TX and Progresso, Mexico...my most recent trip and the closest one to me. The beach is great. Mexico is a blast. The best part was the good friends and memories.
  10. Las Vegas...I couldn't leave this city of greatness off the list. I love me some Vegas.
  11. Lopez Island & The Gorge in WA...Wow, that was one hell of a concert, I mean, experience. Rad! Lopez was beautiful!
  12. Colorado: Durango and Greeley....clean, crisp air and the great outdoors. Coors is made there too.
  13. Lake Tahoe...real cool. Water like glass. I did the summertime thing many years ago. I would like to go back.
  14. New Orleans, LA...Architecture is unique; food is so great; the accent is way cool.
  15. Miami, FL...Warm water. Great times with friends riding Jet Skis.

Now here are my Top 15 places, both domestic and foreign, that are on "my list" to visit.

  1. Fiji
  2. New Zealand
  3. Iceland
  4. Crater Lake, OR
  5. Lake Powell
  6. Jackson Hole, WY
  7. Baja Peninsula, Mexico
  8. Yosemite
  9. Costa Rica
  10. Switzerland
  11. Bora Bora
  12. The Florida Keys
  13. Boston, MA
  14. New York City
  15. Banff, Canada

No comments: