
Scott, myself and baby drove to Arizona on Memorial Day. Yes, it was a 17 hour drive, but who was counting? This is a photo of our view from our drive south on highway 87 through eastern Arizona. What a beautiful drive that is, mostly through the Tonto National Forest. We saw great mountain views, a wonderful sunset, and about 6 elk running across a field. The only thing that would have made that elevation descent more fun would have been to be behind the wheel of my MINI.
We'll be out here for a few more days getting some family time with Scott's mom and brother. It is nice to see the old college friends too. Last night we went to the Fox Sports Grill in Scottsdale and met up with friends to see the Suns play the Mavericks. Scott was of course, in his Suns jersey, and this time there was a room full of Suns fans to join him cheering on the Suns as they beat the Little Mavericks. It was fun to be back in Phoenix watching sports just like the old days over 10 years ago when Scott and I spent most of our time at sports bars watching either the Cowboys or Suns. I'm not sure why we always watched games out like that, but we did. Maybe it was because the old cable didn't support game watching that well.

We will be watching game 5 at the old Brennan's sports bar. Good old Brennan's...lot of memories there from the "Canyon Days." I hope Brennan's can deliver me a Mavericks win, so I can gloat in front of all of the Suns fans on their home turf. No, I'm kidding. I just want a Mavericks win so that the Suns know that the Mavericks aren't going to take the whippings like they've taken in the past.
Anyway, enough of stupid sports talk...I'll try to post another Road Trip summary later on when I've got more. I'm going to try to get my hands on some tasty Mexican food while I'm here...maybe that could be turned into a post of entertainment..hmmm....ok, probably not. Check you all later!
No comments:
Post a Comment