Sunday, April 08, 2007

Just Thinking

Spring is upon us, except it is unusually cold here this Easter weekend in the great state of Texas. I absolutely love Spring. It is definitely my favorite season. Sure summer is my time frolic, but it is so hot. I don't like sweating so that is why summer finishes 2nd. Fall to me is depressing because school starts up, the pool is too cold to swim in, and our friends that coach football can't do fun stuff on the weekends anymore. Winter is bad because it is grey...dead grass, leafless trees, cloudy weather; oh and I can't forget: Scott constantly complains that it is cold and dreary. Now, that guy loves him some summer time.

Back to what I like...Spring only lasts about 2 months here I'd say. Oh I cherish the green grass , sunny 70's weather, and the thunder storms while they last. Spring offers the time to bust out your shorts, or keep the jeans on ... player's choice! I like the freedom Spring brings to start over and conquer whatever you like as summer draws near.

This year, Spring has been busy and it has just begun. Before I can get a pedicure, Summer will be here and I'll be longing for cool calm weather again. Maybe that is why I hit the road during the summer for adventures and travels...I'm eternally searching for my spring-like happy place.

2 comments:

Chancy Smith said...

Love the new layout! I am with you, I love the spring time.

Charlie said...

Yeah those Arizonans aren't happy until it's hot enough to melt your thighs to the carseats, sheesh.

I agree about Fall, it's like a jumbo-size Sunday night. Monday's coming! Winter's coming!