Sunday, April 22, 2007

Middle Class Gets a Sniff

Scott was encouraged to attend a sponsor's party for his work last week. He and I made our way just north of the Park Cities to make our appearance at the gala. Now, we thought it was a banquet venue; you know those places you can rent by the hour for weddings and anniversaries? We planned to make our appearance and head out. After we walked up the gated drive, past the immense lawns, and through the enormous front doors, Scott and I were greeted and invited to look around. First, we inspected the large library saying, "What if this is someone's home?" But, we didn't really think it was because it was so formal...sort of like a museum. I mean, this place could have been any governor's mansion or even the White House itself.

Sure enough, it was a home. We met the owner later in the evening. He is a "US Top 100" attorney and his wife is a trial lawyer herself, if you are wondering like me where they got all the cash. After the jig was up, so to speak, we really looked around-and took pictures!

At the end of the party, we finished our drinks and hors d'oeuvres and walked out. As we drove away, I made the statement to Scott, "We are SO middle class."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and i am a lower class brat...

J-Rock

Nice house though. reminds me to pick up a lotto ticket.