I've been griping a lot on here lately: overtalkers, shushers, and toppers have all made the blog. Well, here it goes again with another complaint about humanity. GUM CHEWERS: PLEASE CLOSE YOUR MOUTH!
I really can't believe these people. Did they not have parents? I have been trapped lately in some situations with some seriously loud smackers. They are not people I can say, "hey, would mind?" to either. So, I just have to sit there taking the irritation. I will usually do self talk though. Phrases such as, "SERIOUSLY?!" and "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" play inside my head while these MEN chomp away. I mean, really, it is generally men, right? C'mon now, I'm not being mean to men. I know that many men can chew appropriately, and there are some women who probably have the chomp-chomp issues, but I'm going to go ahead and say that, for the most part, men are the perpetrators of smacking.
By the way, there is this one guy I know that doesn't stop at gum. No, no, it permeates into his snack time. He walks around eating the hell out of a banana. I'm just like, omygoshy, I can't take it. I just wanted to throw this underground issue out there so that if any of you have felt the pain, you can take comfort in knowing that it happens to the best of us. If you have a chomping story to contribute, feel free.
No comments:
Post a Comment