So, many of you commented on my post regarding the "Overtalker." Several of you referenced the "Shusher." I totally agree that the shusher is a nasty villain. I've been attacked on numerous occasions by the shusher. I'll tell you: that will make some blood boil. And, for some reason, it is an experience that like stings and stays with you. Regardless, the usual difference between the shusher and the overtalker is that the shusher usually is someone that you are NOT friends with or she may even be a total stranger. However, the overtalker is probably an acquaintance or even a friend.
Now here is one of the most feared of social infractions: THE TOPPER also known as THE STORY TOPPER. Anybody? Anybody?
Yes, this person really bugs the shizzle out of me. ARG. I mean, sure, we've all contributed a story of interest that we feel goes along with the previous story. Sure, that's ok. No, I'm talking about the person, that is just waiting to pounce as soon as you utter the last syllable of your tale. Then, they go off on some story that is sort of like yours but is either a one-upper or just a long journey of a crappy story that is supposed to relate to what you just said. Either way, it is irritating when it happens like 15 times in a conversation. GEESH. I just want to say....LISTEN! NO MORE TALKIE FOR YOU! JUST LISTEN.
Usually, these people's lives are all jacked up anyway, so no one wants to hear their advice or story toppers anyway. I haven't figured out a way to tell these people they have the problem. Basically, my way is to just eliminate them from my social circle. But, if you encounter one, I wish you the best of luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment