Thursday, January 18, 2007

I'm Not As Loyal As The Husband

Yes, my husband is as loyal as they come. He will stand by his favorite actor, musician, singer, and athletes. Even if they do something that will sour most everyone. Scott will go down fighting for them to the death. Well, NOT ME! Point in case...Rosie "Ro" O'Donnell. You know, back in '92 when I first saw Rosie as the host of VH1's Stand Up Spotlight, I thought she was funny and a cool chick. Then, she was in that great movie, A League of Their Own and I thought, that Rosie is a big confident girl that makes me laugh. I was a fan. Next, Rosie hit the big time with her talk show in 1996. I watched her show and thought she was such a real person since she was always giving stuff away to her audience, and she just seemed so normal. Not to mention, she was pretty darn sarcastic which is always good for laughs.
But, in 2002 she just quit the show. She started getting sort of weird. She cut her hair all nutty. However, I still tried to hang in there as a fan of hers. She's gay...I'm mean, duh...like we didn't know this?? So what? I was supportive and may have bought her magazine once. I sort of chalked her erratic behavior up to the craziness that stars get when they have been famous too long. You know? Like Michael Jackson and Elvis? They get all rich and famous and like lose touch with reality. Well, I sort of thought that was happening to Rosie.

Well, not so fast because she's been out of the spotlight for a few years now. She's had time to reflect on her life and enjoy her many adopted kids and her wife. Then, last year she gets a spot on The View. Well, I was pretty interested in seeing her on the view. I mean after all, I was a Rosie fan from way back. The View was always OK to me. It made for a good commercial-filler in between The Price Is Right segments. But, once I heard Rosie was on, I set the TIVO to catch a couple of episodes. Fast forward...I'm no longer a Rosie fan. I'm not that loyal to my "favs." The few times I've seen Rosie on The View, I was just turned off by her aggressive behavior and cynical opinions. She seemed so bitter and domineering. On Tuesday, the other ladies barely could get a word in about their weekend before Rosie loudly proclaimed herself a fat lesbian, mocking Trump. Then, she said it was a hard weekend and that she drank a lot of beer. I mean, there's nothing wrong with drinking beer (duh), but I hardly see "The View" as a program that is watched by beer drinkers. I mean, what was her purpose? The other chicks on the view just gave her courtesy smiles and blank stares while she answered all of her own "moderator" questions. It got annoying. I'm like, this is The "View", not Rosie's Rants about being gay, being against the war, and hating men. Why doesn't she just chill on the hatred? It is a total turn off. Be a happy lesbian like, Ellen . I just want to say that she needs to quit using the name "Ro" because that is obviously, my name. And, she needs to quit drinking haterade. She may have good points, but she's so bitter it is hard to listen to them.

No comments: