Sunday, January 23, 2005

100 Thing About Me

I've seen this on tons of blogs, so I'm going to be a dork and do it too. It seems to be totally narcissistic still, I'm going for it. Lists are theraputic. So, read about me and find out something that you never knew:


  1. I was always the tallest kid in my class throughout elementary school.
  2. When I talk to short people, I prefer to be sitting.
  3. I don't feel the need to finish a book if I think it sucks.
  4. I have really straight hair.
  5. 2 times in my life I've had a "perm."
  6. Perms suck.
  7. I think I'm a good singer.
  8. My elementary choir teacher told me that I wasn't a good singer.
  9. I don't think it important to drink really dark and trendy beers.
  10. I prefer to stay up late.
  11. I don't watch late night tv.
  12. I love vegetables.
  13. I don't think farting is a big deal.
  14. I think cats are pretty lame.
  15. I wish I lived in a place where there were mountains because I would like to climb them.
  16. I've never been skiing.
  17. I've neever been on a ski lift or to a ski resort.
  18. I'm scared of heights.
  19. I don't like to watch sports as much as I used to.
  20. I like to drive fast.
  21. I would like to own a motorcycle.
  22. I'm afraid I'd look like a lesbian if I rode a motorcycle, but not afraid enough to keep me from doing it.
  23. In college, I fell into a cactus and had to get the little pricks pulled out by a doctor.
  24. I always sucked at the President's Physical Challenge when I was a kid in P.E. class.
  25. I could whoop somebody's ass in 4 square.
  26. P.E. class was my favorite part of elementary school.
  27. I never played organized softball.
  28. I played organized soccer for 10 years.
  29. I have broken one bone in my life...5th metacarpal.
  30. When I was a kid, I used to always want to break my arm so that I could have a cast. I would think about jumping off of the roof. I would climb up there from the tree in the backyard, but I never did jump off.
  31. I got braces when I was 28 and I felt like a total loser.
  32. I am amazed that college was 10 years ago.
  33. I made kick ass friends in college.
  34. I married the first guy I fell in love with.
  35. My grandparents had 8 kids.
  36. I think the south is better than the north.
  37. I love Justin Timberlake and Nick Lachey.
  38. Older men are hot.
  39. I would like to travel to all 50 states, but some states seem really boring...like Iowa and Ohio.
  40. I was born in El Paso, TX.
  41. I live in Dallas, TX which is about 600 miles from where I was born.
  42. For 5 years, I lived in Phoenix, AZ which is about 400 miles from where I was born.
  43. They say my grandmother was part Cherokee.
  44. She was born in Mississippi.
  45. Mississippi doesn't have a lot to offer.
  46. I'm glad that I didn't live back in the days before electricity and cars.
  47. I remember how much I loved to play Atari.
  48. I got an Original Nintendo for Christmas when I was 12.
  49. I used to sit in 7th grade English class and think about playing Super Mario Brothers when I got home.
  50. I hated 7th grade P.E. class.
  51. I think women that wear little silky scarves around their neck are stupid.
  52. I love leftovers and will eat them even after they've been in the fridge for a week or even two.
  53. I don't take baths....I prefer showers.
  54. I love fireworks.
  55. I am a certified Texas Firefighter/EMT.
  56. I remember when I was 5 years old my mom told me that girls could be anything they wanted to be when they grew up.
  57. When I was a kid, I never brushed my teeth.
  58. I've never smoked a cigarette before.
  59. I think that OJ should have gone to Sing Sing.
  60. I was a tomboy when I was a kid.
  61. I hated being called a tomboy.
  62. I always played football with the boys in the neighborhood. I could throw the ball better than most of them.
  63. I hated losing.
  64. I'm not as competitive as I used to be.
  65. I've shoplifted.
  66. I didn't get caught.
  67. I don't like it when people won't try new foods.
  68. There is nothing I won't eat.
  69. If I had a bunch of money, I would buy tons of kicks (sporty shoes).
  70. Watches are better than purses.
  71. Airports are fun. I don't know why people stress out about them.
  72. I like to be in control.
  73. I can fall asleep anywhere.
  74. I hate rats more than anything.
  75. I think Judge Judy and Oprah are bad asses.
  76. Hugging gives me the creeps.
  77. I got in a girl fight once at the park pool. I didn't win.
  78. Male volleyball players have the best bodies.
  79. I wish I lived in the mountains in a huge cabin surrounded by trees and a river running nearby.
  80. I love the ocean.
  81. Swimming really far out into the ocean scares me.
  82. Dallas doesn't have an ocean or a mountain.
  83. I think gay people talk about sex a lot.
  84. I think women that drink beer are rad.
  85. When I was a kid, we rode skateboards that were really skinny and short.
  86. Damn those skateboards were hard to ride.
  87. In the 80's, I could skate my ass of at Hot Wheels roller skating rink.
  88. The first cassett tapes I ever got came from my aunt dianne: Steve Miller Band and Tears For Fears.
  89. I always wanted a Walk Man, but we couldn't afford it, so I had to carry my "jam box" around.
  90. I never got the Michael Jackson Thriller cassette.
  91. That pissed me off.
  92. The first concert I ever went to was Elton John with my mom and her friend.
  93. The second concert I ever went to was the Beach Boys with my mom.
  94. Going to concerts with your mom is lame.
  95. I didn't go to my prom.
  96. I don't care.
  97. Purple is special, but my favorite color is blue.
  98. I never buy anything in red.
  99. Regis and Kathy Lee were better than Regis and Kelly.
  100. I love being 30.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

We need to go skiing! My dad has a timeshare in Colorado. Although you might not want to be seen with me, I have been known to wear a scarf around my neck.

Unknown said...

Well, scarves that provide warmth are ok. If you have worn a "silky fashion" scarf in the past, well then, "hey, we all make mistakes." JUST DON'T DO IT AGAIN!

Anonymous said...

this is from one of your family members who loves her silky little scarf with a cashmere sweater...