To the husband:
I had a dream that I came home and you told me that you bought a house for us. I was shocked of course, since we never talked about moving. But, you had done it all by yourself. So, we drove up so you could show it to me. It was in Plano, the second house on the block off of a major street, like coit. It was an older house, like maybe 25 years old. It sort of had that 70's feel to it: some paneling, some of that 70's interior "rugged rock" look. Kinda brady bunchish?
When I first got there, you were worried that I wouldn't like it. I wasn't sure at first, and I went around saying what stuff would have to get removed. Like, there were all of these random LOW hanging lights. I said ok, those have to go because we are going to hit our heads. Plus, the lights were crappy and rigged up. In general, there were several random things in there, and I was thinking how odd it was that the previous owners had left all of it. I was like, oh well, we'll just get this stuff out and make it snazzy. Oh, and in each room there was always a "waterbug." I was getting irritated about that, each time I had to kill one. But, you said it was because they just moved out and the bugs were just on their way out after having the house treated, etc.
It was a fixer-upper, but I loved it. It had a HUGE living room, game room, dining room that wrapped around the kitchen that looked out over everything and had a bar. I stood in the kitchen and was showing you how I would cook in there and wave to everyone. Haha. I also was amazed at how big it was, and how our furniture would barely cover the living room and dining room. I was already planning how I was going to paint and decorate. Oh, and it had a fireplace in the "den" or game room, whatever.
Then, my mom and rich came over and were giving you a hard time about picking it out by yourself. But, then gwynn was all proud of you and said you did such a good job. And, of course they both started trying to tell us how to do things in there. I asked you if we were going to spend the night there or in our old house, and you were like, uh, we are staying here tonight. So, I was a little stressed about that since we didn't have any of our stuff. But, it was like you were trying to get far away from Gwynn, like since she had a key to our old place, etc. ha.
One interesting part was the downstairs bathroom. It was very plain and white, but it did have this like built in plant area in the floor. It was just gravel though. I said, "Look Scott, we can plant some cactus there for you." And, you were happy about that. Hahhahhha.
The funny part is that I had realized it was a dream while I was still dreaming, so we went out the front door, and I said, "Scott, I woke up and realized this new house was all a dream." And, you assured me that I wasn't dreaming, but that it was all real. I said, "you promise it is real?" And, you said yes. I was excited again, and we turned and looked at the house from the street. I was so impressed. It had a huge porch that wrapped around the entire house. And, our neighbor's houses looked nice and normal. I never got to see the back yard for some reason, but I wanted to.
So, in my dreams, you are a really good house picker-outter.
1 comment:
I had to resist skipping to the end to see if it was real!
Post a Comment