Monday, July 23, 2007

Beaver Lake, Arkansas

I don't mean to brag, but I have an awesome family. I'm not just talking about my immediate family of awesomeness. I'm talking about my extended family of Shook cousins. They are super cool for too many reasons to list. This weekend I drove up with Dianne to visit, Sunny & Bill, Suzy (and fam) and Mary Anne (and fam) and to see their digs at The Lake in NW Arkansas. They've got some sweet set ups. Possibly, they could be considered as "Living the Dream."

They live on this gorgeous lake that has a limestone bottom which keeps it very clear and looking a fantastic blue color from a distance. I spent the night sleeping on Suzy's deck under the bright stars, and that made my weekend right there. It is cool up there, even in the heart of July. I think it is the huge lake and the increased elevation (roughly 1500'). I never broke a sweat.

Suzy took me out for my birthday on the SeaDoos for a tour of the lake from the water. We had a blast. It was so fun that I pretty much realized that living on this lake makes her and her family really lucky. They fish and do water sports and don't have cable or satellite. I'm going to have to go back and visit much more to hang out with such cool cousins on such a sweet backdrop! Thanks to Scott for keeping Scout for the weekend, allowing me to live their dream!

6 comments:

Tab said...

Happy belated bday to the funniest chick I know!!! :)

Christy said...

I told you water sports were fun!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am jealous and I live in Alaska. That looks beautiful. :) I would love a lake cabin with a seadoo...

Kam

Charlie said...

Do they have a Living Materials Center you could manage?

KAI said...

Think they would notice if I hid in your suitcase and tagged along? lol. Hope you had a great birthday! And, kudos to Scottie Boy for babysitting!!!

Anonymous said...

i sure wish i could have gone...i still have not been on a seadoo yet. you lucky cuz. i WILL go on the next the trip....for reality!!

J-ROCK