Saturday, July 14, 2007

Those Damn Tea Sippers

(no this is not a picture of some new age Eastern bong, freaks)
I'll admit it: I like tea. I've always been an iced tea drinker probably because tea is what we drank at my Grammer's house, and if there was any family event or get together, tea was served. C'mon, what is "Southern hospitality" if not sweet tea?

Now, hot tea is my newest conquest. Yes, conquest because you have to acquire the taste for hot tea like just like making yourself like beer or coffee. I've now conquered all three. Some try to eliminate their vices. I like to see if I can acquire new ones.

I think the concept of drinking hot tea first entered my mind when Charlie worked at " The Tea Factory " , which is what she referred to it as. I bought some of their products at our local supermarket and gave them a try. Hot tea wasn't a hit at first mostly because I didn't know which type to buy, but I've paced myself over the years. I've narrowed my faves down to the black spiced teas and the green teas. So, it was only a matter of time before I entered a tea specialty shop like the one Lisa and I hit today.

I don't want to brag, but I was able to procure a Super Cool Tea Maker today. Sorry if you are jealous. Be jealous of Lisa too then because she had it in her tiny British-and-Indian-loving-tea hands first.

After reading this post, you might be saying, "nerd alert." Well, let's see the vision of me in one month:
I will be happily steeping my Chai tea at my desk before school starts one morning while preparing for my lecture on Intro to Macromolecules and thinking of how I can incorporate my latest manipulative into my interactive notebook. Hmmm....yep....I'm a total nerd. Hot tea fits right in.

3 comments:

Li Li said...

If loving the Teavana Perfect Tea Maker is wrong, I don't want to be right. I might have already had 3 cups of chai. Probably why I am still awake at 2:32am. Oh well, I love my new tea maker.

PS:
"her tiny British-and-Indian-loving-tea hands"

LOL!!!

KAI said...

Yummmmm....chai tea!!

Chancy Smith said...

Ok, I have always loved hot tea. But, I guess I am out of the "cool kids" group because I do not have a tea steeper. Sounds like a must have! Maybe I will place it on my "birthday wish list"! Where did yall go?

And, we must talk about your interactive notebook! Go Teacher Go!