Sunday, July 29, 2007

Red Are the States I've Visited

Goal: To See All 50
I'm a West Coast/Pacific NW snob, so it surprises myself that I haven't hit everything out there. I'm going to do a big West Coast road trip as soon as the child situation allows me to pack her in the car for days at a time. I'll knock out Utah, Idaho, and Oregon. There are places like The Salmon and Snake Rivers of Idaho , Crater Lake NP, OR and the Oregon Coast that I've always wanted to see, not to mention Zion NP in Utah.
As for the remaining states that I haven't visited, I don't have any specific goals there. I would say that on the East Coast my first choices would be Mass and Maine followed by South Carolina.
My dilemma often is balancing new versus already loved: I usually want to go back to my favs and even explore further, but then I also want to see new places. All of the states have cool stuff, and I want to experience it all one day. But, I'm not in a rush: I've got my whole life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have to say the Oregon coast is one of my favorite spots, and Hell's Canyon on the border of Oregon and Idaho is amazing. We want to roll on the west coast road trip with ya guys!
Jeremy

won tong said...

yeppers we want to as well we love Cannon Beach Oregon but hey were down with a caravan....

Charlie said...

I'm surprised I have any under my belt that you don't have...Utah Idaho and Oregon. But you got me beat by far with the total number.

Anonymous said...

I can show you around the state where the magic happened - Utah. I can't believe you haven't been to Oregon either. I hear Road Trip! Kams

Anonymous said...

Somehow Oregon has just not gotten it's road-trip homage. I'm always up for a road trip... Let's go!!! Mom