I learned in Abnormal Psych class back in college at GCU that when you are supposed to take care of something, but you do something else to avoid doing what you are supposed to do, that is some sort of avoidance disorder. At least I think that's what it is. Hell, college was a long time ago now that I think of it.
My point is that a lot of us do this, right? Right now, I should be DONE cleaning my house. But, I haven't touched a broom nor a sponge. Instead, I've chosen to spend over an hour making a music playlist on Rhapsody to entertain me while I clean. But, now that I'm done with that (I'm listening to my good work right now), I've decided to check blogs of my pals and now write this post. Hmf. Well, screw it; it's Saturday. I can be avoiding if I want.
Scott's in bed taking a nap. He worked most of today running the clock for the lame-o junior high basketball games, so he's pooped. I can't blame him. He had to get up this morning at 7am while I slept until 9:30. We went and saw the movie Hitch last night. That movie was really good. Very funny. Good Valentine's flick. I recommend.
2 comments:
Oh man, it's gotta be in the genes. Although, I must say I think I'm a bigger avoider than you. ;)
hey there -- just saw your post about rhapsody. you might like some of the rhapsody blogs that have started popping up over the past few months. i have one called rhapsody rock school (http://rockschool.blogspot.com) and there's another great one called the rhapsody radish (http://www.scopecreep.com/Rhapsody). if you like rhapsody, these blogs make it easy to find out about new & notable music in the service without doing all the work yourself. check them out if you're the curious type.
matt
Post a Comment