Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Pancho and Lefty

In accordance with the Chinese New Year....2005 is the Year of the Rooster. How appropriate because two new tenants arrived today at my work: 2 "Mexican" fighting roosters. I say Mexican because Maria is Mexican and she gave them to me to take care of for her. I also say Mexican because a Mexican named Luis gave them to Maria (for a housewarming gift no less). Finally, I will say Mexican because Mexicans love "Cockfighting."

So, Maria's roosters are calling my work, home. They seemed very happy to get out of their pen and roam free inside the gated area. I fed them some chick feed and some earthworms. I also gave them a tub of water. I hope they are still in the little yard tomorrow when I get to work. I'm not sure if their wings have been cut. It would be a shame for Pancho and Lefty to fly away from their new casa. They had to leave their old casa (Maria's place) because Rafa and Gus (dogs) wanted to munch on them. Actually, Rafa did get a little sample of some Pancho the first night they were there. Feathers were a flyin'! But, Maria also said that they were doing a lot of cock-a-doodle-dooing in the mornings and pecking each other. So, we just thought it would be a good idea to bring them to Tia Ro.

Basically, I'm excited about my new attraction. I never knew how much fun chickens could be until today. Maybe I'll put in a live chicken cam! Ok, no. That's dumb.

2 comments:

Charlie said...

Allison and I agree, we would watch the chicken cam.

Anonymous said...

I think if you put in a web cam on the chickens and used the keyword "cockfighting" your blog would be an instant attention getter world wide.

Ranch Diva Dee