Friday, February 18, 2005

I Can Still Hang

"You are only as old as you think you are." ~ My cheesy quote this morning to Debbie when she asked me how I can still go out on weeknights.

Last night, Lisa and I joined Lani and Jarod in a night on the town. Their good friends have a band that was playing at the
Liquid Lounge in Deep Ellum last night. We left the house and stopped at Keller's for bite to eat with a beer. I ordered me some Tater Tots.
"Napolean, give me some of your tots."
Keller's is pure greatness. I actually used to go there all of the time with my parents when I was a kid. I'd be in the back seat eating my tots, while my parents and their friend, Jack, would eat, drink beer (they bring it all out to you in your car), and tell funny stories. I guess nothing has changed in my world because that was exactly what I was doing last night 23 years later.

Next, Jarod drove us on to the Liquid Lounge. We sort of sat in the Curtain Club which was right next door to the Liquid Lounge without realizing we were in the wrong place. So, by the time we figured it out, we had missed half of the band's set. But, I'm so glad we caught part of
Addison Road because they were awesome! More importantly, great people. Go to their website and support them. Ok, I just went to their website, and clicked on images and then concerts and there is a picture of us last night at the end.
Yesssssssssss
We had a lot of fun last night. I think it ended with some sort of rendition of a big white girl doing the running man. I'm not sure. Either way, good times were had. Some of our friends (and husband) didn't want to go out because they said it was a work night, they're too old, etc, etc. Hey, that's cool. I respect your decisions. I'm just glad to know that I can still hang.

5 comments:

Mrs. H said...

I'm feeling great this morning and reveling in the fact that I can still hang, too. All the rest of you wusses are light-weights!!

Mrs. H said...

Yea for Keller's!! I can still taste the onions!

Gross.

Unknown said...

Lani,
The onion thing made me just giggle. I think you should write a new post on your blog about you and your onions.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Work-nights are when I did my best partying, but then again I'm a little crazy. I especially liked to party when I knew i had a big day at work the next morning. Figured I do my best work in a fog. G-Money

Charlie said...

Hey that's the church band! :)