Wednesday, February 16, 2005

ROOSTER NEWS FLASH

I got two phone calls from concerned teachers up at school tonight. They called around 8pm and left a voice message saying that the two roosters were up walking on the exterior 6 foot brick wall and the 3 foot interior fence. I just got the messages at 10pm. So, I look at Scott and tell him what the messages said. I asked him if I should go and look for Pancho and Lefty roaming the school grounds or if I should just wait until the morning to see. He gets out of bed and says "let's go."

So, we get into the MINI and drive up to school (only like 2 miles away) in our pj's with random tennis shoes and coats. I drive up with the brights on, and sure enough, there are the two fatties just chillaxin' up on the wall and fence. They seemed to be sleeping...roosting? I couldn't believe it. Scott and I stand there kind of stunned. Scott jumps into "rooster tamer" mode. He takes his sweatshirt off and flips it at them; forcing them off the wall and back into the yard. After that, I was ready to go home. But, Scott is a better person than me; he starts chasing them around the yard to catch them and put them into their pen. I am cracking up at him chasing those damn birds around in the dark. But, it didn't take him long at all to corral Lefty and then Pancho. He picked them up and put them in their cage. He was yelling at me because I was absolutely NO help at all. I was actually sort of scared because they were making all sorts of noises, flapping, and running around. It was freaking me out. Scott just cornered them, scooped them, and put them up. I couldn't believe it. Once again, Scott never ceases to amaze me. That city boy has some tricks up his sleeve. Pancho and Lefty are cussing Scott right now in their pen...they were so happy roosting.

I just had to throw this post down because that was some crazy stuff tonight...rooster round-up in the dark. I'm probably going to have nightmares tonight. One thing is for certain: Tomorrow the wing cutting will commence!

4 comments:

Charlie said...

LOL! I laughed through the whole thing.
How are you gonna cut their wings?

Anonymous said...

Scott could probably qualify for a cameo appearance in Napolean Dynamite II for his Rooster Roundup skills. Call me if you need advice on the wing cutting and above all else - TAKE PICTURES of the event!

Ranch Diva Dee

Anonymous said...

I'm adding this to the list of reasons why I like Scott soooooooo much!
Jeanette

Jennifer said...

I need a guy like Scott, someone who loves you enough to round up your roosters!