Sunday, February 13, 2005

How Many Furs Do Rappers Need?

A while back, I mentioned in one of my blogs that I discovered how I NEED a chinchilla. Lisa and I saw them at the local PetSmart and saw that they were SO cute and really funny. I think it would be cool to have a couple in my lab/classroom as a pet. Charlie used to have one with her roommate. I never got to see them in person, but they sounded like a ton of fun. Recently I was doing some internet surfing when I came across this Disturbing Chinchilla Site. So, I felt that it was my obligation to spread this news of chinchilla mistreatment. WTF? This sort of crap pisses me off. Like my sister said...We can make faux fur, so why the hell are we still skinning animals?

Thank you for reading.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEWARE!! They poop A LOT and fling it outside their cages...lots of poop...oh...and they chew on EVERYTHING...they ate half of one of the buttons on a remote I accidentally left w/in their reach...but they are cuter than you could ever beleve, especially when they take dust baths!!

Jay said...

Thank you for writing.

Also, I think you should take what Sam said into consideration...that doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Well if her cage is like Aretha's like, closed glass, there won't be poop everywhere. And they chew, but as long as they don't get our, you're safe.