I know they are roosters, but "chicken" is more fun to say.
This morning, I stopped by my trusty vet clinic, and she told me to bring up the roosters and she'd clip their wings for me for free. She's a cool vet, huh?
So, I went on to school and seeing as my MINI doesn't accommodate rooster cages, I asked Lisa if we could take her truck. She said, "sure." So, Lisa and I drove up to the Richardson Vet Clinic with a big chicken coop in the back of the truck, right up by the tailgate. Lisa isn't familiar with the area since she recently relocated up here to Big D. So, when I told her at the last minute to turn here, she said, "Hey, I don't want to make any wild movements...we've got livestock in the back."
So, once we got to the clinic, they told us to bring in the roosters. I'm thinking...I'm not getting those birds out. Luckily, they had this nifty country girl working there, Velvet, who was more than willing to herd my bird. heh. She told us in that Texas twang that, "I'm used to beeaang chasssed bai geese annd cheekins on my granma's farm." Thank heavens for Velvet. She grabbed Lefty and took him inside, where the cutting commenced. Then, the same happened to Pancho.
The vet showed me how to trim the wings. She said it was just like cutting our hair, pretty cool. The roosters didn't seem to mind at all. She offered to trim them up any time for me--no charge. I guess since she make thousands of $ off me and the dogs, fees for wing trimmings is, well, chicken feed. Bu-dum-dum-chee!
As Lisa and I were lifting the heavy cage of newly trimmed roosters back up into the back of her truck, she started giggling. I smiled and asked what she was laughing at. She said, "I bet people are wondering what two truck-driving-lesbian-chicken-farmers are doing here in the city." I'm seriously laughing while I'm typing this. It is lines like that which make life worth living.
2 comments:
The Chickens R Kickin Fo Sho! ....oh...and Velvet and Lisa rock too! Gotta love twang like that coming from a girl named "Velvet." And with her nifty truck Lisa could start her own business "Lesbian Lisa's Livestock Hauling" - she might just get a lot of calls on that....if she lived in Arkansas!
Ranch Diva Dee
Ha ha! Lesbians!! Hee hee!! Chickens! HooHooHeeHeeee!!!
Post a Comment